candidate should be a detail-oriented individual who demonstrates a passion for
sustainability in the built environment. They will be encouraged to
promote carbon reduction strategies, resilient design, and advanced energy
efficiency knowledge across the firm and lead efforts to incorporate these sustainable
design methodologies into all phases of our work.
The selected candidate will:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Provide support to project teams to establish and implement sustainability goals and architectural projects;
- Act as LEED Administrator for LEED registered projects. Complete documentation, credit calculations and coordinate consultant documentation;
- Perform material research and vet products to ensure they meet project sustainability and health standards;
- Assist with sustainability submittal reviews
- Coordinate and assist with in-house energy modelling and LCA studies, using computational design tool such as One Click LCA and Cove Tool;
- Assist the firms effort to meet the goals of the AIA 2030 Commitment. Track project performance metrics including LPD and EUI and coordinate reporting to the AIA
- Interface with internal and external team members, including clients, architects, engineers, contractors and commissioning agents
Preferred Qualifications:LEED Accreditation with specialty. LEED project experience preferred WELL, Fitwell or other accreditations are a plusKnowledgeable in the latest Green Building Code and ASHRAE Standards Knowledge and experience in the commercial real estate indsutryKnowledge of Green Building industry trends
prepare strategic plans for project success;
Benefits will include:Health/Vision/Dental/Disability Insurance Flexible Spending/HSA accountsPTO401k + matching Profit Sharing Work from Anywhere DaysEmployee Emergency GrantsPaid Family Leave
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited school of architecture or interior design, environmental design, or related field or equivalent work experience;
- 1-3 years of professional experience in sustainability coordination;
- Pride of ownership and intense desire to learn;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with strength in Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including interpersonal, presentation and public speaking;
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills;
- Proven track record of managing projects independently;
Please provide a cover letter including a well-crafted introduction of yourself explaining your passion for environmental sustainability as it relates to the built environment, along with a portfolio of work. A portfolio can include notable projects from past work experience, innovative or environmental designs, or process-oriented tools you have built. Be prepared to discuss previous experience with project certifications.
**Must be legally authorized to work in the United States**
About Powers Brown Architecture:
Powers Brown Architecture operates as a 21st century architectural practice. Much like our clients do.
We harness the energy that comes from merging the power of technology with a commitment to the idea
that Architecture is not just for special occasions. We treat every project with the exact same care and intensity.
The result is an award-winning practice that is comfortable with the conversation between architecture
as both content and commodity. Cross-pollination between client types and project types most only “specialize” in.
The firm is as committed to our developer clients’ needs and influences as we are to the Institutions,
Corporations and Governments for whom we have delivered award-winning buildings. Over 102 awards ranging
from Urban Design to office buildings to firm management.
We thrive at the intersection that Design, Creativity and Innovation are possible both on an industrial
warehouse and on a student center on a university campus. There is always an optimal opportunity, a budget
and people who live with the project long after we are finished.
We are Researchers, Educators, Authors and Community Leaders. We publish, collaborate,
comment and distribute because architecture is “open source”.
Our offices are located across North America serving the world.
Powers Brown Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be
treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment
standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color,
national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other
basis protected by applicable law.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org