Powers Brown Architecture is looking to add an unlicensed architectural intern in our Denver office. The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated knowledge of building technologies and document organization as well as excellent interpersonal abilities, strong communication and organizational skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Unlicensed Architecture Staff 1
Full-time architectural intern on the path to licensure with 2-5 years of experience who is competent in all conventional aspects of architecture. Performs work requiring independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Independently solves problems encountered. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex issues and supervisory approval on proposed project plans.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborates with team leadership to produce schedule implementation, design reviews, drawing updates, drawing / specification coordination, value engineering, constructability feasibility, review of shop drawings, review and response to Requests for Information (RFIs), and creation of Architectural Supplemental Instructions (ASIs), Proposal Requests (PRs) and Change Orders
- Researches building materials and systems, building codes, regulations, etc.
- Accurately delivers all project phase on time and within budget to achieve client goals
- Develop details that are consistent with the design direction, and support the overall quality of the project
- Documents client communications as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience
- Must be proficient in Revit and AutoCAD
- Ability to work with medium-level of supervision
About Powers Brown Architecture:
Powers Brown Architecture operates as a 21st century architectural practice. Much like our clients do.
We harness the energy that comes from merging the power of technology with a commitment to the idea that Architecture is not just for special occasions. We treat every project with the exact same care and intensity.
The result is an award-winning practice that is comfortable with the conversation between architecture as both content and commodity. Cross-pollination between client types and project types most only “specialize” in.
The firm is as committed to our developer clients’ needs and influences as we are to the Institutions, Corporations and Governments for whom we have delivered award-winning buildings. Over 102 awards ranging from Urban Design to office buildings to firm management.
We thrive at the intersection that Design, Creativity and Innovation are possible both on an industrial warehouse and on a student center on a university campus. There is always an optimal opportunity, a budget and people who live with the project long after we are finished.
We are Researchers, Educators, Authors and Community Leaders. We publish, collaborate, comment and distribute because architecture is “open source”.
Our offices are located across North America serving the world.
Powers Brown Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.