Powers Brown Architecture is looking to add a Senior Project Designer to its Houston office. The ideal candidates must have a passion for design, excellent interpersonal abilities, strong communication and organizational skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
The person chosen for this role will:
- coordinate project design, develop creative design concepts for projects, and prepare presentations and design drawings;
- work both independently and in a team environment on architectural design projects;
- often coordinate project design effort;
- Develop planning and creative-design concepts for projects; and
- Prepare presentation and design drawings and details.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 8-10 years of experience in developing details and providing planning and design support in the preparation of design development;
- bachelor’s degree in architecture (or equivalent); and
- proficiencies in several of the following programs: 3ds Max, Podium, Rhino, AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite.
Powers Brown Architecture offers competitive salaries, healthcare, and other benefit programs like 401k, and profit sharing.
**Must be legally authorized to work in the United States**
Powers Brown Architecture operates as a 21st century architectural practice. Much like our clients do.
We harness the energy that comes from merging the power of technology with a commitment to the idea that Architecture is not just for special occasions. We treat every project with the exact same care and intensity.
The result is an award-winning practice that is comfortable with the conversation between architecture as both content and commodity. Cross-pollination between client types and project types most only “specialize” in.
The firm is as committed to our developer clients’ needs and influences as we are to the Institutions, Corporations and Governments for whom we have delivered award-winning buildings. Over 102 awards ranging from Urban Design to office buildings to firm management.
We thrive at the intersection that Design, Creativity and Innovation are possible both on an industrial warehouse and on a student center on a university campus. There is always an optimal opportunity, a budget and people who live with the project long after we are finished.
We are Researchers, Educators, Authors and Community Leaders. We publish, collaborate, comment and distribute because architecture is “open source”.
Our offices are located across North America serving the world.
Powers Brown Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume via our Contact Form.