Powers Brown Architecture is looking to add an experienced Senior Interior Designer in the Houston market.
The successful candidate will have both skill and personality. This position requires client management and creative design experience on interior projects with 5-7 years of experience. Candidates should have experience with leading interiors projects, from programming through construction with a strong skillset in generating creative design concepts and selling ideas to clients. This position would mentor junior staff. Ideal candidate would have a calm personality demonstrating leadership qualities while folding into the team seamlessly.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and generating interior design concepts on a variety of project types;
- Design and presentation drafting on interior design projects, including schematic design tasks and design development;
- Client Management skills, specifically end-users, brokers and land lord experience;
- Collaborate on interiors projects, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development, and working within budgets and schedules;
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
Job Requirements – The ideal candidate should have:
- 5-7 years of experience in commercial interior design, experience in Healthcare and Workplace is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture;
- Interior Design or Architecture licensed professional;
- Proficiency in Revit;
- Ability to work in a team environment with good collaboration skills;
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills;
- Highly motivated and able to work both self-directed and in interdisciplinary teams in a fast paced and energetic environment;
- Excellent presentation abilities;
- Ability to produce design presentation materials, including finish boards, space plans, and drawings/sketched/imagery/renderings to convey design ideas; and
- Ability to work within an established budget.
About Powers Brown Architecture:
Powers Brown Architecture operates as a 21st century architectural practice. Much like our clients do.
We harness the energy that comes from merging the power of technology with a commitment to the idea that Architecture is not just for special occasions. We treat every project with the exact same care and intensity.
The result is an award-winning practice that is comfortable with the conversation between architecture as both content and commodity. Cross-pollination between client types and project types most only “specialize” in.
The firm is as committed to our developer clients’ needs and influences as we are to the Institutions, Corporations and Governments for whom we have delivered award-winning buildings. Over 102 awards ranging from Urban Design to office buildings to firm management.
We thrive at the intersection that Design, Creativity and Innovation are possible both on an industrial warehouse and on a student center on a university campus. There is always an optimal opportunity, a budget and people who live with the project long after we are finished.
We are Researchers, Educators, Authors and Community Leaders. We publish, collaborate, comment and distribute because architecture is “open source”.
Our offices are located across North America serving the world.
Powers Brown Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume via our Contact Form.