Powers Brown Architecture is looking to add an experienced Project Architect to its Houston office.
• Collaboration with project team to produce schedule implementation, design reviews, drawing updates, drawing / specification coordination, value engineering, constructability feasibility, review of shop drawings, review and response to Requests for Information (RFI’s), and creation of Architectural Supplemental Instructions (ASI’s), Proposal Requests (PR’s) and Change Orders
• Research of building materials and systems, building codes, regulations, etc.
• Accurately delivering all project phases on time and within budget to achieve client goals
• Developing details that are consistent with the design direction, and support the overall quality of the project
• Documenting client communications as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
• five or more years of experience;
• bachelor’s degree in architecture (or equivalent); and
• proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit.
Powers Brown Architecture is a professional services firm practicing architecture, interior design, and urban design. The firm is led by Founding Principal/CEO Jeffrey Brown, FAIA and along with Bruce Walck, AIA and Nazir Khalfe, AIA, RIBA, has built a reputation for specialized design and technical superiority, producing award-winning work and gaining recognition from local, regional, national and international organizations. Based upon these accolades and honors, Powers Brown Architecture is considered one of the most innovative and critically active firms on the scene.
The firm has extensive experience working with private and public agencies. This experience makes Powers Brown Architecture uniquely qualified to meet its clients’ design and construction needs from the most simple to the most complex. Powers Brown Architecture believes that attention to the specificity of every project opportunity makes its practice unique. The benefit of this approach most often comes to the forefront when aesthetic possibilities conflict with the functional needs of the project. Powers Brown Architecture stresses the balance of function, aesthetics, construction technology, and budget in developing architectural solutions for its clients.
Founded in September of 1999, the firm began inquiries into an area of practice it deemed neglected territory – project types, construction technologies and design business strategies ignored by both mainstream and vanguard architectural practice. The firm maintains a diverse architectural, interior design and urban design practice that includes regional, national, and international projects. Commissions have been undertaken for projects as diverse as tilt-wall industrial projects, Federal Government facilities, entertainment facilities to the planning of new towns in Cairo, Egypt and Lahore, Pakistan.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume via our Contact Form.