Powers Brown Architecture is looking to add an experienced Intermediate Interior Designer in the Houston market.
The successful candidate will have both skill and personality. This position requires expert Revit experience in documenting interior projects. 5-7 years experience. Projects will be mostly tenant improvement (both corporate & healthcare with some hospitality, etc.). This is a production heavy position with project management tasks as well. This position would mentor junior staff as needed. Ideal candidate would have a calm personality demonstrating leadership qualities while folding into the team seamlessly.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead in the production of architectural interiors construction documents on a variety of project types;
- Design and presentation drafting on interior design projects, including schematic design tasks and design development;
- Project Management skills preferred;
- Collaborate on interiors projects, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development, and management of budgets and schedules.
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents.
Job Requirements – The ideal candidate should have:
- 5-7 years of experience in commercial interior design;
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture;
- Interior Design or Architecture licensed professional preferred;
- Ability to work in a team environment with good collaboration skills;
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills;
- Highly motivated and able to work both self-directed and in interdisciplinary teams in a fast paced and energetic environment;
- Excellent presentation abilities; and
- REVIT expertise required.
Powers Brown Architecture is a professional services firm practicing architecture, interior design, and urban design. The firm is led by Founding Principal/CEO Jeffrey Brown, FAIA and along with Bruce Walck, AIA and Nazir Khalfe, AIA, RIBA, has built a reputation for specialized design and technical superiority, producing award-winning work and gaining recognition from local, regional, national and international organizations. Based upon these accolades and honors, Powers Brown Architecture is considered one of the most innovative and critically active firms on the scene.
The firm has extensive experience working with private and public agencies. This experience makes Powers Brown Architecture uniquely qualified to meet its clients’ design and construction needs from the most simple to the most complex. Powers Brown Architecture believes that attention to the specificity of every project opportunity makes its practice unique. The benefit of this approach most often comes to the forefront when aesthetic possibilities conflict with the functional needs of the project. Powers Brown Architecture stresses the balance of function, aesthetics, construction technology, and budget in developing architectural solutions for its clients.
Founded in September of 1999, the firm began inquiries into an area of practice it deemed neglected territory – project types, construction technologies and design business strategies ignored by both mainstream and vanguard architectural practice. The firm maintains a diverse architectural, interior design and urban design practice that includes regional, national, and international projects. Commissions have been undertaken for projects as diverse as tilt-wall industrial projects, Federal Government facilities, entertainment facilities to the planning of new towns in Cairo, Egypt and Lahore, Pakistan.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume via our Contact Form.