Powers Brown Architecture is looking to add an experienced Interior Designer to its DC Area office. The successful candidate will have great communication skills, experience interacting with clients and managing consultant teams. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to take a project from concept through construction and have experience producing contract documents in Revit. Project types will include: Workplace, secure/classified facilities, research and development operations, hospitality and medical office.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE:
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
- Highly motivated and able to work both self-directed and in interdisciplinary teams in a fast paced and energetic environment;
- Demonstrate a knowledge of basic MEP concepts and conventions;
- 8+ years of experience in commercial interior design
- Proficiency in the use of REVIT, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup
- Experience in selecting and specifying contract furniture
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Design and presentation preparation
• Project drafting and documentation
• Specifying finishes, furniture and researching products
• Field verification
• Construction Administration
• Supporting business development activities including attendance at industry events
About Powers Brown Architecture:
Powers Brown Architecture operates as a 21st century architectural practice. Much like our clients do.
We harness the energy that comes from merging the power of technology with a commitment to the idea that Architecture is not just for special occasions. We treat every project with the exact same care and intensity.
The result is an award-winning practice that is comfortable with the conversation between architecture as both content and commodity. Cross-pollination between client types and project types most only “specialize” in.
The firm is as committed to our developer clients’ needs and influences as we are to the Institutions, Corporations and Governments for whom we have delivered award-winning buildings. Over 102 awards ranging from Urban Design to office buildings to firm management.
We thrive at the intersection that Design, Creativity and Innovation are possible both on an industrial warehouse and on a student center on a university campus. There is always an optimal opportunity, a budget and people who live with the project long after we are finished.
We are Researchers, Educators, Authors and Community Leaders. We publish, collaborate, comment and distribute because architecture is “open source”.
Our offices are located across North America serving the world.
Powers Brown Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Come join us! To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.