Powers Brown Architecture is looking to add an experienced Interior Designer to its Denver office. This position will involve working independently and alongside a seasoned designer and a design intern on a wide variety of projects. Position involves field verification, space planning, design, producing construction documents, creating finish boards, handling submittals/RFIs.
The position involves being able to juggle multiple tasks/projects. Ideal candidate has a strong work ethic & drive; commercial design experience; proficiency in Revit; and a degree in interior design or architecture.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Documentation and production of space plans through construction documents;
• Manage client relationships and lead meetings;
• Design and presentation drafting on interior design projects, including schematic design tasks and design development;
• Plans, designs, and furnishings for interiors of commercial buildings;
• Researching interior products;
• Performing routine checking and/or verification tasks;
• Research and selection of colors/finishes/materials;
• Supporting business development activities including attendance at industry events (some after traditional work hours); and
• Assistance with presentation aids and/or finish boards.
The ideal candidate should have:
• At least two to eight years of experience in interior design;
• A bachelor’s degree (preferably in interior design);
• Ability to work in a team environment with good collaboration skills;
• Excellent presentation abilities; and
• Proficiency in the use of REVIT, AutoCAD, Sketch Up and other 3D computer design programs
Powers Brown Architecture is a professional services firm practicing architecture, interior design, and urban design. The firm is led by Founding Principal/CEO Jeffrey Brown, FAIA and along with Bryant Mazetti, AIA and Lauren Amber Prestenbach, NCIDQ, LEED AP ID+C, EDAC, IIDA, has built a reputation for specialized design and technical superiority, producing award-winning work and gaining recognition from local, regional, national and international organizations. Based upon these accolades and honors, Powers Brown Architecture is considered one of the most innovative and critically active firms on the scene.
The firm has extensive experience working with private and public agencies. This experience makes Powers Brown Architecture uniquely qualified to meet its clients’ design and construction needs from the most simple to the most complex. Powers Brown Architecture believes that attention to the specificity of every project opportunity makes its practice unique. The benefit of this approach most often comes to the forefront when aesthetic possibilities conflict with the functional needs of the project. Powers Brown Architecture stresses the balance of function, aesthetics, construction technology, and budget in developing architectural solutions for its clients.
Founded in September of 1999, the firm began inquiries into an area of practice it deemed neglected territory – project types, construction technologies and design business strategies ignored by both mainstream and vanguard architectural practice. The firm maintains a diverse architectural, interior design and urban design practice that includes regional, national, and international projects. Commissions have been undertaken for projects as diverse as tilt-wall industrial projects, Federal Government facilities, entertainment facilities to the planning of new towns in Cairo, Egypt and Lahore, Pakistan.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume via our Contact Form.