Description: Powers Brown Architecture is looking to add an experienced CAD Technician to its Houston office.
The Architectural Revit Technician is an entry-level technical role that assists staff in designing and compiling drawings and permit packages within the discipline they will work. This position has working knowledge of REVIT, Bluebeam and other software/drafting programs relevant to their discipline. Specific tasks will be assigned by senior staff and templates will be provided to follow in performing the needed tasks for assignments.
- Prepares simple to intermediate drawings, drawing sets, and other tasks as assigned in an accurate and neat manner by utilizing CAD/REVIT and/or other related software.
- Self-checks all work performed to ensure accuracy prior to turning it over to the supervisor or designee assigned to review work. Makes corrections to work from red lines provided by the supervisor or designee assigned.
- Performs tasks within the assigned work-hour budget.
- Maintains documentation and project records.
- Provides technical coordination with other disciplines as assigned by senior staff.
- Education: Associates Degree in Computer Based Drafting or similar technical degree.
- Experience: Zero (0) to four (4) years’ job-related experience.
- Must be able to understand and manipulate client specific prototypes for given projects.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks in a timely and positive manner.
About Powers Brown Architecture:
Powers Brown Architecture operates as a 21st century architectural practice. Much like our clients do.
We harness the energy that comes from merging the power of technology with a commitment to the idea that Architecture is not just for special occasions. We treat every project with the exact same care and intensity.
The result is an award-winning practice that is comfortable with the conversation between architecture as both content and commodity. Cross-pollination between client types and project types most only “specialize” in.
The firm is as committed to our developer clients’ needs and influences as we are to the Institutions, Corporations and Governments for whom we have delivered award-winning buildings. Over 102 awards ranging from Urban Design to office buildings to firm management.
We thrive at the intersection that Design, Creativity and Innovation are possible both on an industrial warehouse and on a student center on a university campus. There is always an optimal opportunity, a budget and people who live with the project long after we are finished.
We are Researchers, Educators, Authors and Community Leaders. We publish, collaborate, comment and distribute because architecture is “open source”.
Our offices are located across North America serving the world.
Powers Brown Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
How to Apply: If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume via our Contact Form.